Do I need an appointment?
- Yes. We only take one bride and their guests at a time for a 90-minute appointment. If you walk in looking for an appointment, we can’t guarantee that we don't already have a bride.
- If you are running late to your appointment, it will cut into your allotted appointment time. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late, we will need to reschedule you for a different time. You can always cancel/reschedule your appointment if your plans change.
How long are appointment times?
- We allot 90 minutes for your bridal appointment. Because we are a boutique store, all gowns are out for browsing, and we have found 90 minutes is the perfect amount of time to select your favorites and try them on.
- Accessory appointments are usually 30 minutes.
How many guests can I bring to my appointment?
- We recommend that you limit your party to five or less during your visit. We are a cozy little boutique with limited seating and we have found that the opinions of a trusted few always make for an easier decision for you.
- We recommend leaving young children at home. We find that most children do not enjoy sitting still for the full 90-minute appointment. They can often cause the appointment to end earlier than the bride is ready to be done. With that said we want you to have who you'd like in the store and just ask that there is constant supervision of children around gowns and breakables.
When should I order my dress?
- Dresses can take up to four to six months to produce, since it is being made to order. When you factor in shipping and alterations, it could be a six month total process. We suggest deciding on a dress six to nine months prior to your wedding date, so you have time built in for fittings and accessorizing. There are rush options for weddings under six months, but rush fees do apply.
- If your deadline is shorter we have a selection of gowns off the rack ready to go take with you that day. Please keep in mind they may not be available in size or color desired and are sold as-is.
Will I need alterations?
- We like to order the dress as close to your current size as possible, but all bridal gowns need alterations to give it a perfect fit for your wedding day. Before picking up the gown you purchase at Annelise Bridal, we suggest you contact a tailor to schedule your appointment to start the fitting process. We have a recommended tailor that a majority of our brides use and are happy to refer you to her. We recommend starting your alterations three months prior to the wedding date, so make sure to add this time onto the four to six months for gown production.
- Alterations are not included in your gown purchase because you have the choice to use any tailor you desire and pay them directly.
What size of gowns do you carry?
- We do our best to accommodate as many beautiful body types as possible with our sample dresses. For this reason, the majority of our samples are sizes 10, 12 and 14 and we have a selection of sample gowns size 16-24. This allows us to get the largest range of various body types, both smaller and larger, into our gowns and order just the right size for each of our brides. We use modesty panels for dresses that are on the small side and clips for dresses that are too big, in order to give you the best possible idea of what our dresses will fit like when they are tailored to you. We absolutely understand that this is a major shopping experience and it isn’t enjoyable for anyone if we don’t carry what you are looking for! If you have specific questions or if you would like to speak to someone directly about your size concerns and learn more about what we have just for you, please send us an email in the 'Contact' section!
What are the price ranges of your dresses?
- The price range of dresses in our store is roughly $900-$2,000, not including tax or alterations. There will be a handful of gowns that fall below that range that are sold as-is. Each designer has their own price range and can be found under the 'Designer' tab.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for any other questions you may have!